Tile installations and design can be complicated, but with a few simple steps both jobs, installing and choosing tile, can be made easy. With a little help from a professional, and a lot of careful thought, you can take any area you wish to tile and turn it from plain and simple to something fantastic, as well as turn a complicated job into a simple one.
Choosing Tile Design
When it comes time to find new tile design for your kitchen, garage, bathroom, or any surface you wish to tile, it can be a difficult task. Walk into any tile store or go to any tile website and there can be thousands of sample designs and patterns to look through. However, there are a few tips that you can keep in mind before and during the search that will make the task easier.
- Have an Idea – If you start your search with no idea of what you want, then you can become overwhelmed by the possibilities and the choice can seem much more difficult than it needs to be. Even if all you know is a color scheme, that can help narrow down your tile search by a great deal.
- Have a Purpose – Knowing what you want your tile to do is important. Is it for a bathroom in the shower? Does it need to stand out so people look at it, or blend into the background so it doesn’t overpower a small room? A good tile can make or break a room, and knowing what you want the tile to say can help narrow down the choices. If you want to tile an entire wall, maybe choosing all patterns is not the best idea. However, mixing the patterns with a solid color can balance it out and make it acceptable, but it’s all a matter of choice. By knowing what you want the tile to say, you can narrow down what you are looking for.
- Consult – There are numerous professionals out there who specialize in choosing and installing tile. By discussing what you have in mind, and what you want the tile to do, they can help put you on the right track of where to look and even suggest many things you may not have thought of. They also can help you in the next stage, installation.
If you want to ensure that the installation of your tiles is done properly, and you aren’t already an expert on installing tile, then your best bet to getting your tile installed is to hire a professional. There are a few things to look for in order to make sure you are choosing the right professional for the job.
- Testimonials – Seeing the opinions of people who have worked with the professional before is important. They can tell you what type of worker they are, what type of job they did, and whether they are a good choice to hire or not. They’ll also give you a good idea of what to expect when working with the professional.
- Photos of Prior Work – Seeing examples of the prior work done is another good way to judge whether the professional is the right one for you. You can see for yourself that their work is clean, precise, and finished. You can also see if the results are something you are looking for.
- Expert – The most important thing to look for is that the professional knows what they are doing. Most professional installers will have some kind of license that shows that they are legally allowed to do work. Most states require this and if your contractor cannot produce one, then you should probably look further before working with them.
Overall, finding a good contractor and choosing your tiles for installation is not difficult, it just takes a little time, a little research, and knowing what you are looking for. Contact us for further information on tile installation and design.